Today is world water day. The International Council of the 13 Indigenous Grandmothers gather in Arizona today in ceremony with thousands of people to pray for the waters. They have called for an honoring of the waters and asked us to gather in ritual to give thanks for the waters. Below are their words:
- Prepare a bowl of clean water or stand beside a body of water.
- Please pray for the water in apology (for polluting and disrespect. Then offer prayers of love, gratitude and respect.
- Hold both of your hands toward the water, from your heart your energy will be projected into the water through your hands. (you can close your eyes during this process)
- Please intend that the vibrations, which now fill the water will spread to the waters all over our Mother Earth.
- You may also add your own prayer to the water, meditation, chanting, music, songs, dancing, and so on intending the same purpose.
- Each person can bring a bottle of their drinking water, and when the ceremony is complete – each one will pour a little bit of the drinking water on their hand, with a loving thought, sprinkle the water away from you (as in spreading Seeds), then drink the water, with a feeling of gratitude.